Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Politicians Don't give a shit...they just want your vote

It's really funny (not in a ha-ha way, but in a sad way) how politicians only show their faces when it's time for election. My father has been saying this for awhile and I totally see his point. First of all, since the election is in less than a week, I obviously already know who I am going to vote for for president, but what about the local stuff??? This stuff is VERY important but yet, when I went online to look for any information about what I am supposed to be voting for in my neighborhood, I can't find any info...WTF?  Am I supposed to just wing it and vote for whatever when I am inside the booth??? I remember in previous years, receiving all kinds of information in the mail about issues that were being voted on in my "hood", but this time around I haven't barely received anything. I know more about the propositions in California then what's on my own ballot...Once again, WTF??? Since I definitely don't want to be responsible for voting in anything that I totally disagree with and that would go against my morals and principles, I guess I will have to just pretty much leave everything blank except for the president vote. I just hope that Obama follows through on even half of his promises, or he will just become another Bill Clinton..empty promises...

Also, another reason to believe that democracy is falling short in this country, the other day the city council in New York decided to not let voters decide if elected officials should be allowed to run for a third term. Instead, THEY decided themselves...Once again, WTF?????????  Do the taxpayers who employ these sons-of-bitches get any say??? It's just so sickening. I can tell you one thing, though...just for that, Bloomberg will NEVER get my vote!

No comments: