Thursday, October 16, 2008

Falling out of love

I have always had a love affair with New York City as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a teenager growing up outisde of Los Angeles. I always knew that someday I would live in the big apple.

Flash forward to near the end of 2008....

I have lived in New York for almost seven years. I have always thought that I'd live here forever (or at least until we are able to move to Australia). It has definitely changed my life. I used to be a pretty shy person, but not anymore. I think that living here really wakes you up and shakes you. It keeps you on your toes and excites you. There is so much to do and see...I could go on and on...but I am starting to think that this "love affair" is starting to die. Maybe it's just me getting older, but I am getting tired of all of the people and the rudeness. I feel like I walk out of my house pissed off and ready for confrontation. How I long for the times when Jason (my partner) and I rent a car and drive upstate for the day. It's so nice to see trees and open fields and to breathe fresh air (well...not quite as polluted air, anyways). These days, I can honestly say that I am just about ready to move, though not too sure where, but somewhere where I wouldn't have to deal with people in my face.

Who knows...no one knows what the future brings..

No comments: