Friday, October 17, 2008

Horse Carriage controversy in New York City




Obviously, everyone who knows me knows that I stand with everyone that wants a ban on Horse Carriages in New York City. Every time someone posts anything about that corrupt New York "tradition", someone from that industry has to respond to it, which, I believe though I will most likely disagree with them 100 percent, can be good to hear what they have to say, as it's a free country. We don't all have to agree, though, and I thoroughly disagree with all of the things I have heard. If one of them was to say to me, "Hey, you want to see the truth? I'll take you on a tour of our stables," then I might believe them after I would see for myself that they weren't lying about the horses conditions. But they are all too defensive when you approach them or say anything to them on the streets, which makes me just believe more that the things that I have seen (firsthand, on the street) or heard or read, can quite possibly be true. I just know that horses do NOT belong on crowded New York streets in this century and that is the bottom line. It really kills me how these people like to argue about their "livelihood" because the way I see it (and this is MY opinion), making your living from working some animals for it doesn't seem very humane.


http://www.satyamag.com/sept94/jordan.html

No comments: