Friday, December 26, 2008

Stupid me!

So, I was rushing around this morning to get to work on time (I am not used to working during the day anymore...or as of late, working at all!) and I was trying to do everything quickly and efficiently. I got us chewable multi-vitamins at the health food store the other day and they taste really nasty, making anyone wonder why they would make them chewable anyways if they were tasting so nasty...they are also giant-sized. I am the idiot who decided that I would just swallow it and get it over with quickly. So, along with my iron pill, I threw it in my mouth and took a swig of water. Well, the big, fat, stinky pill got stuck in my throat! It was painful and, being the hypocrondriac that I am, I thought that it might kill me...and to top it all off, I HAD to leave for work! I had just finished making some oatmeal, which I couldn't eat because swallowing hurt like hell...

All the way to work, everytime I swallowed while on the train, I tried to think happy thoughts, like the pill being gone....no such luck. I got to work and started working and finally, about ten minutes later, I was able to swallow without pain. I could slightly taste the vitamin, but it wasn't too bad...

So, the bottom line is...I have learned a valuable lesson: if it  says CHEWABLE, chew it and don't just swallow the nasty thing!

No comments: