Thursday, May 7, 2009

Short people and general admission concerts

Dear Roseland ballroom,

I want to thank you for last night's awesome concert: adele and the script. It was an amazing show with two great artists. Now, with that said, I just have a one little issue to talk to you about.

I want to know why you are laid out so flat and long. Being a fairly short person, I usually wind up standing right behind some amazon basketball player. It never fails...

Maybe when you were being designed, they should have taken this into consideration, because I know that I wasn't nearly the worse off by far. Of course, if we were VIPs, we could have sat above in the balcony or on the little side stage and had wonderful views, but unfortunately, we are just the little people. You know all about us...the fans...the ones who pay for the music..the ones who support the artists that play there. I have seen other shows by your colleagues, like Webster Hall and Highline Ballroom, and have not had this same problem. Maybe you could take a few pointers from them?

It seems to me that if you wanted to be so big and accommodate so many people, like your big brother Radio City Music Hall, you should do like him: have a slanted floor (or even some seats would be lovely!).

You probably get tired of us shorties complaining, but you should think about us people that keep you in business because without us "little" people, there would be no you.


Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Devin Newmeyer



No comments: