Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blinded

I went to the doctor today for stomach pains. When I got home, I had briefly talked to my father before going to bed and what I expected to hear was what I almost heard. I was told that I am probably missing "important vitamins and minerals" from not eating meat. Of course, I got a little miffed because I had to remind him that this has been going on LONG before I became a vegan so that has NOTHING to do with it. Why are so many people blinded by what they are told?? The funny thing is..the doctor never mentioned ANYTHING about what I was or wasn't eating.

Oh, and if milk really "does a body good", then why does it have to be pasteurized to be safe to drink?? ..just a little something to think about...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better, Devin, no matter what the cause. Do you take a vitamin supplement, just in case? I take one and I'm not vegan. As long as you take it with meals, absorption is supposed to be pretty good. What is your source of iron?